Contents in This Post
The Kerala TET examination is held twice every year and is aimed at assessing the eligibility of the candidates to become teachers for the Lower Primary, Upper Primary, and High School classes in Kerala. Conducted by Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan, the test has been something that enthusiasts across the state keep looking for.
KTET examination – In a nutshell
The Kerala TET examination, at a glance, as outlined here, should give you an idea of the intricate details of the examination.
|Exam Name||KTET (Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Body||Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes for each paper|
|No. of Paper & Total Marks||
|Exam Purpose||To determine the eligibility of candidates for the post of teachers|
|Medium of Exam||Malayalam and English|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0471-2546832|
KTET Eligibility Criteria for Category 1 (Lower Primary Classes)
Aspirants for the lower primary level should satisfy the following conditions –
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary or (or its equivalent) with at least 45 percent marks and two years Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent. OR
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45 percent marks and a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations 2002.
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50 percent marks and 4 years of Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd).
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 percent marks and 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
KTET Eligibility Criteria for Category 2 (Upper Primary Classes)
The eligibility conditions would be
- BA/BSc/BCom and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent.
- BA/BSc/BCom with at least 45 percent marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (BEd)
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 percent marks and 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (BElEd)
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50 percent marks and 4-year BA/B.Sc.Ed or BA Ed or B.Sc.Ed.
KTET 2023 Application Fees
The online application fees for the Kerala TET examination would be on the following lines
Unreserved Rs. 500/-
SC/ST/PWD Rs. 250/-… Read more at: https://www.careerpower.in/blog/ktet-notification-2023
Kerala TET 2023 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the Kerala TET examination would be on the following lines
- Mode of Exam – Offline (Pen-Paper based)
- Type of Questions- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Duration- 02 hours 30 minutes
- Total Questions – 150 per Category
- Marking Scheme +1 for Correct Answer
- Qualifying Marks A minimum of 60% marks is mandatory
Who conducts the KTET exam?
The exams are conducted by Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan, which is the agency authorized by the Government to conduct various exams related to education in the state
Is KTET compulsory to be a teacher in Kerala?
Yes, the candidates must qualify through the TET examination to be a teacher in Kerala. Teachers of Class I to V are called Lower Primary Teachers, Class VI to VIII are called Upper Primary Teachers, and those of Class IX to X are Secondary School Teachers. Each of these categories needs to answer a specific set of papers.