Contents in This Post
CTET is a national-level examination that is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) every year. If you are looking to apply for employment in any government school at the state or central level, it is important to clear your CTET examination.
The notification for this year’s CTET examination is already out. In fact, this is the most highly competitive examination ever in the history of teacher eligibility examinations.
The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national-level exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The examination is conducted to test the eligibility of a candidate for the appointment as a teacher in the schools for teaching the students in classes 1 to 8.
The CTET examination dates for 2023
The examination dates for the CTET examination have been announced already. Here are the complete details of the CTET examinations in the year 2023.
|Date of Notification for Applications||27 April 2023|
|Online application commencement on||27 April 2023 to 26 May 2023|
|Last date of fee submissions||26 May 2023|
|CTET exam date 2023||July 2023 to August 2023|
Eligibility criteria for CTET 2023
Each of the examinations that we appear for comes with specific eligibility criteria. The CTET examination is not an exception either.
- You should be a national of India, Bhutan, or Nepal to be eligible for the test
- The minimum age for the application for the CTET examination is 17 years
Further eligibility criteria are based on whether you are aspiring to teach classes 1 to 5 or 6 to 8.
The eligibility criteria for applying for the teaching position for classes 1 to 5 is
- Senior Secondary attaining minimum 50% marks and should have passed a Diploma in Elementary Education (2 years)
- You can also apply if you are in the final year of the qualifying examination. Your selection will, however, be dependent on your passing the qualifying examination.
- You should have cleared Senior Secondary, attaining a minimum of 45% marks, and passed or appeared for the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education as per the NCTE Regulations, 2002.
- You can also apply if you are in the final year of two years of a Diploma in Elementary Education.
The eligibility for applying for the teaching position for classes 6 to 8 is
- You should have cleared Senior Secondary, acquiring a minimum of 50% marks, and should appear for or pass the final year of a 4-year B.A./ B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed.
- You should have graduated with a minimum of 50% marks and appeared or passed in a 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- You should have completed Graduation and Passed or are appearing for the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
The CTET application fees for CTET 2023
The fee structure is in tune with the category you belong to.
Here are the details of the application fees for the CTET 2023 are
|Category||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I & Paper II|
|SC/ST/Differently Abled Person||Rs.500/-||Rs.600/-|
CBSE CTET July 2023: Exam Pattern
The CTET examination has two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is for those desirous of applying for the teacher’s position for teaching the students from classes 1 to 5. Paper II is for those who would want to educate the students in grades 6 to 8.
Each of the questions is of Multiple choice type. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- Number of questions – 150
- Number of sections – 5
- Total marks – 150
- Subjects – child development & pedagogy, language 1, language 2, math, and EVS
- Number of marks – 150
- Number of sections – 4
- Total marks – 150
- Subjects – Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1 and Language 2, Mathematics and Science, OR Social Science.
The CTET 2023 in a Nutshell
The complete details of the CTET examination, in a nutshell, would be summarised as
|Name of the Organization conducting the exam||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Name of the Exam||Central Teacher Eligibility Test, CTET|
|Eligibility stages||Primary Teacher – Class 1 to 5
Upper Primary Teacher – Class 6 to 8
|Post that the exam qualifies you for||Teacher|
|CTET 2023 Notification Release Date||25 April 2023|
|CTET Application Form Mode||Online|
|CTET Application Form Filling Start Date||27 April 2023|
|CTET Application Form Filling Last Date||26 May 2023|
|CTET Application Fee Last Date||27 May 2023|
|CTET 2023 Eligibility criteria||Graduation Degree with B.Ed/D.lE.Ed/BTC/D.Ed|
|CTET 2023 Exam Fee (Only one paper – Paper 1 or Paper 2)||For Gen/OBC Rs.1000/-
For SC/ST Rs.500/-
|CTET 2023 Exam Fee (Both Paper 1 & 2)||For Gen/OBC Rs.1200/-
For SC/ST Rs.600/-
|Exam Date||July to August 2023|
|CTET Exam Mode||Will be announced later|
A few FAQs
What is the last date of registration for CBSE CTET, July 2023?
The last date for the submission of the application forms for CTET 2023 is May 26, 2023
What is the difference between TET and CTET?
The TET and CTET examinations are different examinations held for the same purpose. CTET is a teacher eligibility exam held at the national level, while the TET is an examination held for the appointment of teachers at the state level. The job vacancies and the criteria may be a little different from each of the categories.
Will CTET be conducted online or offline?
The CTET examination is conducted in an online mode as a computer-based examination. The examination is held to pick the right candidates for Central Government Schools such as KVS, NVS, and others. The exam was conducted in the offline mode until 2020 but has now switched to the online mode from 2021.
Can I apply for CTET again if I have already qualified for the exam before?
There is no restriction on the number of attempts that you can opt for when applying for the CTET examination. If you have already appeared and cleared the CTET examination, you can apply again to help improve the score.