Contents in This Post
The MPTET 2023 exam admit card for the Middle and Primary School Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB). The test is a means for deciding the eligibility for positions as primary, middle, and high school teachers in the state.
The MPTET test at a glance
To get a bird’s eye view of the Madhya Pradesh TET examination, the following table can prove to be much handy
|Exam Particulars||Exam Details|
|Exam Name||MPTET (Madhya Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Body||Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) (also known as MP Vyapam)|
|Exam Mode||Online – Computed Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Purpose||To determine the eligibility of candidates as primary and upper primary teachers in Madhya Pradesh schools|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Exam Fees||INR 600 for General
INR 300 for SC/ ST/ OBC
|Total Questions||Primary School TET: 150 MCQs
Middle School TET: 150 MCQs
High School TET: 150 MCQs
|Marking Scheme||+1 for a correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of Exam||Hindi & English|
|Exam Pattern||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of 1 mark each|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0755-2578801, 0755-2578802|
MP TET Application Fee 2023
To be able to answer the MP TET examination, you need to fill in the form along with the relevant application fees. Here are the details on the applications fees for the MPTET examination
|General/Other State||INR 660|
MPTET examinations 2023 – The important dates to note down
Even when the dates here are tentative in nature, they will help you gain an insight into the examinations and the details therein.
|MPTET 2023 Notification||30th December 2022|
|Registration Start||30th December 2022|
|Registration Ends||13th February 2023|
|MPTET 2023 Admit Card release||April 2023(expected)|
|MPTET 2023 Exam Date||25th April 2023|
|MPTET 2023 Result||To be notified|
MPTET 2023 Eligibility
The eligibility conditions for the MP TET examinations would be on the following lines –
Primary school teacher
- Higher Secondary or its equivalent with not less than 50% of marks and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education or its equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree and a two-year elementary education diploma or its equivalent.
- A graduate with 50% of marks and a Bachelors of Education (B.Ed. ), is considered for the arrangement as an instructor to teach classes 1 to 5
- Higher Secondary or it’s equivalent with not less than 45% of marks and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Pedagogy.
- A certificate in special education and a Higher Secondary degree with at least a 50% cumulative average
Secondary school teacher
- You should have earned a minimum of 50% on your intermediate degree or have finished intermediate.
- The candidate must be a graduate of an accredited university and hold a B.Ed. Degree with a minimum of 50%.
The Age limit for MP TET examinations
The MP TET examination does have a few age-related restrictions. The age restrictions applicable would include
|MP TET Categories||MP TET Age Limit|
|Unreserved (UR)||Male- 40 years Female- 40 years + 5 years|
|SC / ST / OBC||40 years + 5years|
|MP Government (Govt.) Servants||40 years + 5years|
|Divyangjan (physically handicapped (PH))||40 years + 5years|
What is the total number of subjects in the MPTET 2023 exam?
There are five subjects, each in Paper 1 and Paper 2. The subjects would include Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Child Development & Pedagogy, Language 1 (Hindi/ English/ Sanskrit/ Urdu), and Language 2 (Hindi/ English/ Sanskrit/ Urdu).
If an applicant doesn’t have a B Ed, may they still be eligible for the MPTET?
If you do not have the B. Ed qualification, you need to have a bachelor’s certificate in any field or an elementary education diploma.