Contents in This Post
The Gujarat State Education Board is ready with its process for conducting the Gujarat Teacher Eligibility Test 2023. If you are an aspirant to become a teacher in Gujarat, keep an eye on the notification that will be released soon.
The Gujarat TET examination in a nutshell
The details of the Gujarat TET can be availed through the following info at a glance –
|Name of Exam||GTET 2023|
|Type of Exam||Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Category||TET Application Form|
|Organizing Body||Board of Secondary Education Gujarat|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Exam Duration||03 Hours|
|Date of Exam||will be updated soon|
Gujarat TET Examination Eligibility Criteria
If you want to be a part of the teacher’s community in Gujarat, you need to clear the Gujarat TET examination and obtain the relevant cut-off marks.
Primary teacher level (class 1 to 5)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with a minimum of 45% marks
- If you are appearing for the final 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)/2-year Diploma in Elementary Education / 2–year Diploma in Education in Special Education, you will be eligible to appear in the examination
- If you are B.Sc. /BA / with a score of 50 percent marks and B.Ed qualified candidates, you can appear for the state TET examination
Upper Primary Teachers level (VI-VIII):
- B.Sc/ B.A. or those appearing in final 2-year B.A. / D.Ed. /B.Sc. with at least 45 percent marks or cleared/ appearing in B.Ed / Senior Secondary with a score of 50% marks
- B.A. (Ed.)/ final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) / B.Ed B.Sc. (Ed.), (Special Education) with the aggregate of 50% in B.SC or B.A
Gujarat TET application fees
The application fees chargeable for the Gujarat TET examination would be on the following lines
Gujarat TET 2023 Exam Pattern
The Board of Secondary Education Gujarat (BSEG) website states the following pattern for the examination –
- Papers – 1 and 2
- Total marks – 150 on each paper
- Type of questions – Multiple choice type
- No negative marking
- The duration of the examination is 150 minutes for each paper
Subjects for paper 1 – Child Development & Pedagogy, language 1, language 2, mathematics, environmental studies
Subjects for paper 2 – Child Development & Pedagogy, language 1, language 2, mathematics, science, and social science
Important dates to remember with respect to the Gujarat TET examination
The following are the tentative dates that you need to pay attention to when applying for the Gujarat TET examination
|Issue of official notification for the exam||July 2023|
|Online application starts from||July 2023|
|Last date to Apply online||August 2023|
|Correction period for the Online Application||August 2023|
|Admit card availability||September 2023|
|Exam Date||October 2023|
|Declaration of result||November 2023|
Age limit for the Gujarat TET examination
The prescribed minimum age for the Gujarat TET examination is 18 years. The maximum age limit is 38 years. The relaxation in age limit is available for the candidates belonging to the special categories as per the norms prevailing at the time of application.
Who conducts Gujarat TET?
The Gujarat TET is conducted by the Board of Secondary Education Gujarat (BSEG)
Is only a graduation degree enough to sit for the Gujarat TET Exam?
No, only graduation is not enough. You must have graduated and a B. Ed with 60% marks to appear for the Gujarat TET exam.
Is Gujarat TET compulsory to get a teaching job in the government school of Gujarat?
You need to qualify for the Gujarat TET examination to be appointed as a teacher in a school in Gujarat. The cut-off is different for the different categories, such as classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8